How To Get It Right: Cat Eye Hacks
The cat eye is an on trend make up technique you’ve no doubt seen in magazines, on TV, even on your friends! It is a beautiful make up look that creates the illusion of bigger eyes and a lift. The cat eye can be drawn on for a subtle daily look or created more dramatically for the night. Let’s face it; some of us are still working on perfecting the cat eye wing or flick for our beauty routine. It takes time and practice to master. If you’re still having difficulty executing the fancy flick, then fret no more.
Here are some tips for the newbies and the beginners:
1. To find the right angle for your wing, hold a brush against the side of your nose and angle it until it points to the end of your eyebrow. This is the line you want the wing of your cat eye to follow.
3. If you feel you need more than just a dot as a guide, use a small piece of clear tape. Angle the piece of tape just beneath your lower lashes toward your temple and lash line. Use the tape as a guideline; just make sure the line gets thinner towards the end.
4. Apply eye shadow before you start using liner. This will prime your eyelids and give your eyeliner something to cling on to.
5. Liquid liner is ideal for cat eyes but can be difficult to master for beginners. Start with a sharpened kohl pencil first and work your way to a liquid liner with practice. If you use a kohl pencil liner, get it as sharp as possible. You may need to go over it a couple times depending on the look you want to achieve.
6. Want that liquid liner look but not comfortable with using it just yet? You can always line your eyes with the kohl pencil first lightly for the line to follow then go over with the liquid liner for that dramatic look!
7. Use a Q-tip to clean up any mistakes. Apply mascara, lipstick and any other make up such as concealer after the cat eye is completed.